Monday, January 14, 2013

I Didn't Meet My Goal

So I'm a bit late on this whole New Year's Resolution stuff.

I mean, most people have already broken their resolutions and here I am committing to mine.

Better late than never, right?

First off, I didn't meet my reading goal last year.  I wanted to read 30 non-work/non-school related books.  I only read 22.  *Sigh*  Sometimes that happens.  If I counted my school and work books I'd be well over 40 but I'm not cheating.

So....

Resolution #1 for 2013--Read 30 non-school, non-work related books.

Resolution #2 for 2013 will be my biggest challenge.  I'm a going to work on RESPONDING rather than REACTING.  I'm huge at off-the-cuff, mouth is faster than brain reaction.  It's a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad habit of mine and this year I intend to work on it.  HOW you say?  By journaling my thoughts and responding when I'm calm.

I'm also going to take up breathing.  Apparently that helps.

Resolution #3 for 2013--Drink 60 oz of water a day.  Last year I feel like I was sick the whole year AND I felt dehydrated and headachy a lot.  I also didn't drink much water.  I'm thinking there is a connection so this year, I am working at downing a 60 oz water bottle every day.  So far, so good!

Did you make--or break--a resolution this year?

2 comments:

  1. I made a ton of resolutions. None that I made or broke yet. But one unwritten/unspoken one, I did make progress on - be less 'snappy' with my 16 month old when she's whiny and I'm trying to get supper ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I don't drink at least 60 oz of water a day I definitely get a headache. A water bottle with a straw helps get that water in you faster! :) Under Armour makes a great one that has never leaked in my purse! :)

    I like the other resolutions too. I've been working on my "reactions" too...to Matt and the boys mostly. I do okay with other people...just with them I lose it, which is horrible since they are the people I love the most! (sigh).

    Happy 2013! Yes...I know that is really late! :)

    ReplyDelete

{Reverse Psychology}
I DO NOT like comments. Whatever you do, don't leave me a comment about this post or your thoughts or any connections you have to what I wrote. Seriously, I don't care.
(Did that reverse psychology work???)